Final Lancaster County reassessment notices are expected to be mailed out on June 9, 2017. Some takeaways regarding the assessment process:
- The final assessment is more accurate than the preliminary assessment mailed out in March 2017.
- Does the final assessment accurately reflect market value? It should. If it doesn’t, you may want to consider an appeal.
- A change in assessed value doesn’t necessarily mean a change in taxes.
- The final notice won’t tell you exactly how much you’ll be paying in real estate taxes.
- Appeals are free until July 19. Reassessment appeals fees are usually $25 for residential properties, $50 for farms and $100 for commercial properties.
For more details from this article, visit